A place to share thoughts and experiences during our journey.

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Head over to Ashley's blog to read some of her great Read With Me thoughts. 

Page 200 today!  Are ya'll still with me?  With the Holiday weekend, I've had to stay up late to finish my pages, but now I can't even sleep without my reading being done.  Remember on my other blog a few weeks ago, I talked about how I felt when I read the scriptures daily on my mission?  How I wanted that feeling back?  Well, it's back, and I NEVER want it to leave again!  I crave those 10 pages a day now.  Last night I was so into my reading that I read 3 pages ahead before I realized it!  I love how it feels to have scriptures be a priority again.  Now I plan my afternoon or evening around my scripture study instead of hoping I can squeeze it in.

3 comments:

Mellissa said...

I was really sick for a week and fell behind- but that is the ONLY time I didnt read! I have been reading 20 pages a day for the last few days to catch up. I am actually surprised at how quickly I am getting through! It may sound bad... but I admit that there were times when I would set these goals for myself that I would find myself reading the page numbers more than really absorbing the content- if that makes sense. Like, I was just reading because I "had" to, and The Spirit was not very strong- so I always got bored with it. This is so different now. The last few days I would read and look at a page number and say, "Wow! I already did 13 pages?! What's a few more, to catch up?" And I would have to STOP myself at 20! This is such a great challenge, and I am seeing answers to so many of my questions. Such an amazing experience- I love this!

The Piquant Storyteller said...

I've been reading every morning as soon as I get up. It's awesome because I don't remember ever having spiritual conversations on a Saturday morning over breakfast! My days feel so much freer after I finish reading. It's not a nagging thought in the back of my mind of something I have to do. I find myself thinking of the scriptures all day and wanting to read more in quiet moments throughout the day.

The happiness you wanted back? I am so happy you found it. One day I thought of how happy and spiritually minded I was when we moved here. I found myself wanting that back. Your challenge has played an important role in me finding that happiness again. The other major component is found here http://blog.felcore.com/2010/11/heaven-on-earth.html

Thanks for the challenge. The blessings you promised and the answers to prayers you talked about have all happened to me. It's pretty amazing. I've read the Book of Mormon before. I love how each time new lessons are learned and new blessings come. This time around has been great because it helped me find the happiness I have been missing for a long time.

Michelle said...

I was sooo wanting to join with you in this but I have been reading the old testament. I have never read the bible all the way through and this has been my goal for a few months now. But I have been enjoying reading your comments about your experiences. Keep up the good work.