A place to share thoughts and experiences during our journey.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Today, Alma 5:62 stood out to me.  Alma is speaking to two groups of people.

Alma Chapter 5 is:
Members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints = a Command
Everyone else on this earth = an Invitation

Once we are baptized and become members of the LDS Church, we have taken upon ourselves very sacred covenants that we can NOT take lightly.  Obviously amazing blessings come with Church membership, but at the same time, we are bound to very serious responsibilities.  We are lifted higher....but this means we will fall further if we choose to reject the truth and light we now have.  Alma 9:23-24 sums this up perfectly.

Something to think about... and not just think about, but act on.  Do and be a little better each day.

1 comment:

Ashley Ziegler said...

I've been learning so much from Alma and Amulek. I feel like they're teaching me directly from the Book of Mormon. I'm learning so much again! I think because I'm reading in my new set of scriptures, that it's different this time than if I were to read with my old, very marked up scriptures.