A place to share thoughts and experiences during our journey.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My sweet friend Ashley wanted to share her thought with us:

"Verse 22 in Mosiah 2 and the very beginning says, "And behold, all that he requires of you is to keep his commandments;" - (My thoughts --->) "This one stuck out to me as like a, duh scripture. I just need to keep the commandments of the Lord. That's all. I just need to read my scriptures, ponder and pray. I just need to be an example and follow the Holy Ghost. I just need to be a Daughter of God. He's just asking that much from us."

Thank you Ashley!  I'm glad you brought up the word "ponder".  The concept of pondering the scriptures and the Gospel has become more clear to me in this process of reading the Book of Mormon.  Elder L. Lionel Kendrick of the Seventy said, "To ponder is to meditate, to think, to feast, and to treasure. It is more than a mental method, it is a spiritual striving to obtain and to understand truth."  I have felt the strongest impressions and new truths have been taught to me when I take a few minutes to just sit and think about what I've read and what's going on in my life right now. 

1 comment:

Stop and smell the Daisies said...

Thank you for sharing this. It really is SO simple, and yet I seem to complicate it. Thank you for the reminder that I simply need to keep His commandments.