A place to share thoughts and experiences during our journey.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

"Time for scripture study requires a schedule that will be honored. Otherwise, blessings that matter most will be at the mercy of things that matter least."  - Elder Russell M. Nelson

Wow, we're hitting page 100 today!  Very exciting!  How are we doing?  For me, some days have been easier than others.  Being sick for the past 4 days has made it difficult for me, especially because I've had a headache the entire time!  But it's good!  We're doing awesome!  We're smack in the middle of the Isaiah chapters....keep going, you can do it!!

Okay, that was my motivational cheerleader moment for you all! 

So that quote I posted up top by Elder Nelson hit me hard when I found it this morning because it's something I've been thinking a lot about since we started this last week.  There are so many blessings and desires that I want and hope for in my life.  I desire so many things, both temporal and spiritual, for my family....the biggest being that I want my children to develop a love for Christ and an unwavering desire to follow Him.  But like he says, we often desire things like this, but then spend our days doing things that, even though they are good things, they aren't going to bring that power and Spirit into our lives like we truly want.  Nate finding a good job has been at the top of our "list of things to pray for and think about and work towards" for several months now.  The end is so near!!!  Before we started this read with me challenge, there were days where I would say my nightly prayers and be literally begging Heavenly Father for us to find a good job....but deep down, I knew that I hadn't done everything I could do that day to open the doors to have that sort of blessing poured on us. 

Reading the scriptures consistently is helping me to have that faith that I'm going to be blessed.  I feel like I'm doing my part, so now the Lord and I are working together to bring joy and success to my family.  We're a 'team' now, as cheesy as that sounds.  I feel so close to Him....just like I did my first few weeks in Korea when I was struggling SO hard to get a handle on Korean and get my footing in such a foreign place.  We made a great team out there! 

I love how often we have read the promise that if we "keep the commandments", we will "prosper in the land."  Over and over, the Book of Mormon give us this promise.  I know it's true.  I've already seen it in my life, and I can't wait to see where my family ends up....I wish I could see what our life will be like a year from right now....but I have absolutely no doubts that wherever it is, whatever we're doing, we will be happy and 'prosperous'. 

No comments: