A place to share thoughts and experiences during our journey.

Monday, November 15, 2010

"We begin to make the plan known to our children when we hold tight to the iron rod ourselves.  When we are holding tight to the iron rod, we are in a position to place our hands over theirs and walk the strait and narrow path together.  Our example is magnified in their eyes."  -Rosemary M. Wixom, General Primary President

2 Nephi chapter 9 will always hold a special place in my heart.  On my mission, we had a challenge from our mission president to read 2 Nephi 9 as a whole mission every single morning for one month.  Every time I get to this chapter in the Book of Mormon, I am reminded of my mission and how this particular chapter was pounded into me.  Reading the same chapter for 30 days in a row wasn't easy.  So each morning I would try my hardest to find something new to learn from it.  It was a wonderful experience that strengthened my testimony of Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

Kamie said...

That is so neat Becca! This chapter filled me with such hope for the future. To know that if my family and I live righteously, that we will be able to return to our Heavenly Father's arms. When reading this, I could just feel this overwhelming love for our Savior and our Father. I am so happy you challenged us! It's been wonderful!