A place to share thoughts and experiences during our journey.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Welcome

Each day I will update where we should be in our daily reading, and I will also post a quote or thought I have had.  Please share your own thoughts as often or as little as you'd like. Some of you are already feeling the effects of this in your life, I know I am!

We're all in this together, so let's make it even more meaningful the next 2 months by learning from each other.  We are all reading with different purposes and questions in our minds, so it will be fun to hear different perspectives on the same verses!  You are welcome to leave an 'anonymous' comment if you'd like to share something personal.  You can share one experience or you can share what you learn every single day.  It's all up to you!  I just wanted to have a place that our little "team" could come together and strengthen each other so that we can accomplish this awesome goal!

Thanks again for joining me on this journey.  It's never too late to join in, so let us know if you're a newcomer!

I love the Book of Mormon, and I can firmly testify of it's power and truth.  I have felt so much peace and calmness come into my life in just a few days!  I am loving reading the scriptures so quickly.  There is a different power to it when you read so much at one time instead of dissecting each verse.  I am gaining a new love and testimony of Lehi.  His testimony of the Messiah is so beautiful.  And I love how Nephi then had a desire to know the same things about Christ, so he inquired of the Lord and was given his own testimony by the Spirit.  We are ALL entitled to that same personal testimony of Jesus Christ, if we truly seek it and ask God in faith.

Any other thoughts on Days 1 thru 3?

3 comments:

Tunes & Spoons said...

we started just at where we are in the BOM right now. And that would be the Isaiah chapters...so it was a little hard to do those. : )

Becca Jane said...

Rachel, well atleast you'll plow through them quicker now, right? :) I heard a Sacrament Meeting talk once about the Isaiah chapters, and she said that they begin to be easier to understand if you ask yourself what each chapter or verse is teaching you about Christ. So much symbolism!

The Piquant Storyteller said...

I read the Book of Mormon for the first time when I was 15. I did it in one month, kind of like what we're doing now. But I remember that the Isaiah chapters in 2 Nephi were some of my favorite chapters in the Book of Mormon. Somehow the Spirit opened my mind and heart to what I was reading and I understood every word. That was a great experience. Hopefully it will happen again this time.