A place to share thoughts and experiences during our journey.

Saturday, November 13, 2010

"There is great solace, direction, and power that flow from the scriptures." -Elder Richard G. Scott

I am loving reading about how the Book of Mormon is bringing joy and blessings into your lives.
Click here to read Megan's thoughts.
Click here to read Tristan's thoughts.

Thank you for sharing!  Please keep them coming because they are so wonderful!

Here is an experience I had yesterday:

Yesterday I was sitting outside with my children.  I was reading a book, not my scriptures right then, just another book I'm reading on motherhood.  I was reading, but as usual, my mind was drifting to the future and how badly I want certain things to fall into place.  Suddenly I was overwhelmed with complete, pure peace.  It hit me hard, and I had to close my book and close my eyes and just sit there.  For that quick moment, I just felt 100% knowledge the the Lord knows exactly who I am, exactly what my desires are, and I felt His love and warmth giving me peace and assurance that everything will be okay.  I felt like for just a few moments, I was briefly lifted up away from the present, away from the world, and I was given a big hug from my loving Father.  Then I was put back down, and back to reality.  It probably only lasted a few seconds, but it was very, very real.  It was an amazing moment that I hope I never forget.

No comments: